Friday, November 28, 2008

P to the B to the isher

I LOVE, I mean love Publisher. I used this program quite a bit when I was in Jr. High and High School for projects both personal and for school. I had not used it for quite a while because I did not have it on my personal computer. So when I was able to use it on the school computers, I fell in love all over again! It is such a user friendly program. I love how they have the templates all ready to use and there are so many. For the assignments on the final it was easy to be able to pull up a template and make it your own, but the pages are there for you to use and give you good ideas.

In my classroom I can use so many of these templates to make flyers, etc. for classroom activities and events coming up. I could also have the students help with the process, it is pretty user friendly so they can help with the topics, graphics and stories in the newsletters. There are so many templates that you can use in the classroom. There is one for card making that would be fun for kids to use for the different holidays. We could upload their pictures to use on the cars. There is also a template for certificates. I would love having this available for easy access. It would be fun to give away random certificates every week making the students feel special.

This is a great program to have in your home and in your classroom. I wish that it came standard with windows and word. It is pretty expensive, but I think that I may invest in it. I think that there many programs that some schools may have that are available for the students and teachers to use. But I may need this in mt home for my personal use!

No comments: