Sunday, December 7, 2008

Photo Story 3


I really enjoyed playing with this new application. It is a place where you can upload your photos, you can add text to the pictures and also sound. I was able to make a whole story of my summer 2008 activites, with my music. To start, I had to download it to my computer and it took less than 5 minuites. You had have Media Player 10 or newer, so I had to download that, which was found on the Microsoft Website and was really easy. After downloading that I was able to finish the download on Photo Story. It is very easy, it walks you through each step. Once you have down loaded the program it takes you through each page step by step. First you download your pictures, I downloaded fifty plus pictures and there was still room for more. Then they gave you an option to add text to the pictures, you were able to chage the font, size, color and other text related options. Then they give you an option to make different transitions between the photos. For example fade in, fade out, star, etc. Once you finish that you move on to adding sound. You can record your own voice to play with the different pictures, and you can add music from your own files, or make music to add. At any time you can preview the project the way it looks so far and go back to any slide. Once finished you can save it, burn it, e-mail it and other options. There were so many options on every aspect of the program, which was a good thing. I really liked this program. It was so easy and fast to make a fun keepsake. I would love using this program in my classroom for students to make their own projects and also to make the year end video. Here is a sample of one that I found on-line: Photo Story Sample.

No comments: