Sunday, November 23, 2008

Web page

I have finished the whole fiasco of finishing the flyer, brochure, newsletter, classroom rules etc. So now I have to move onto the the Google Web page. So far so good! It really helps that we are able to work on it in class. This way you have not only your teacher as a resource, but also other students. It has been really helpful so far. Google is not super user friendly, I do not think but I am working my way through it okay so far. I wonder if I will use google sites, when I have a classroom or some other type of site, because I also think it is not very easy to navigate around and find things on. For example the site for our class there are so many links to follow and go back to. It just seems kind of repetitive.

I would want a more kid friendly site since I will be teaching third grade. One that has photos for icons to click on. For example a pen, paper and books for homework. A lunch sack for the lunch menu, etc. I just like that kind of site better. I will not even look at a site if it is not appealing to me. Also some of the parents, caretakers may not have great computer skills so this will make it easier on them too.

I am excited for this semester to be over. I have learned tons in this class that will be helpful in my teaching career. It has been a fairly easy class, just a lot of material to cover. I am not going to lie. I will be excited to be able to post on my blog for fun and not for homework. I am thankful for this class to MAKE me start a blog it is something that I have wanted to start, but just procrastinated it, but now it is here and set up so it is easy now!

No comments: