Thursday, September 11, 2008

WOW!

So I am amazed. In my last reflections post, I had mentioned how technology is so underestimated. Well after the dream computer assignment I was amazed! I could not believe how insane the technology is. I had so much fun looking at the "CSI" type computer components. I had no idea that things like that really existed, now if I only had the money to pay for it. For example, I chose a keyboard that was a blue tooth and it was projected onto the desk, so there was no actual hard keyboard. As I look to the future I wonder if this "CSI" technology will be in the classrooms. When I started third grade we had a computer lab that held 28 computers and those were the only computers in the school. Now computers are used at the teachers desks and some students even have lap top's to take notes on. I wonder if someday when I am a teacher, students will be required to have laptops, or the school will furnish laptops for the students to do homework on. I think that it would be good, but you would have to put a lock on the games so they did the work and payed attention!



We also learned about excel. I used excel in high school, so it has been a while. I think that with excel it will be helpful in creating class lists and charts for students. I am not sure how much more I would use it for because there are so many more specific programs that are available at no charge. For example the engrade that we use in this class. It is a place that you can go that is all set up and you don't have to do or format much. I also think that having less to save on your computer will help save space and memory in order to add education programs or games for my student to benefit from.

I hope to learn more in this class about "teacher friendly" websites, that will help me as a teacher be more efficient so I will have more time to plan and interact with my students more.

No comments: