Thursday, September 4, 2008

Technology is so underestimated!

I think that technology has been underestimated. I can think of a number of things that people said would never happen in the world of technology and within a few years it is available. For example, this class. I would have never thought that I would have a place on the Internet to post assignments for the teacher to grade online. I appreciate having this option, because it saves on paper and waste to help the world be more Green. Also the whole world of Facebook and My Space, a place that in just a click you can talk to a friend and see what is new in their lives.

When it comes to education and your students, I think that Facebook and My Space will be a good way to find out more about your students and their situation, without prying. I think that Blogs would be a good way for parents to feel involved in the classroom. You could post activities, pictures, upcoming activities and also general problems in the classroom. If I were a parent I would appreciate being able to see what was going on in my child's classroom, and comment on any concerns I may have.

The whole technology world will only continue to amaze me. I am appreciative of it and keep an open mind about it all, because I know that is seems overwhelming at times, but if I embrace it and learn more, it will make my life easier.

No comments: