Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GO UTES!




So Saturday was the season opener for the University of Utah football! We have season tickets with some of Rickey's firefighter crew and their wives. We first went to the tailgate party and I was so amazed! I could not believe the atmosphere! I was speechless. The 2 years that I went to school there I never went to a Ute game, mostly because I was dating Rickey at the time so I came home on the weekends to hang out with him and to see my family of course. So I had no idea how many die hard Ute fans there were. The tailgate party was a sea of red, people had fixed up camp trailers to make them into Ute tailgate trailers, they were red and full of Ute stuff. The row that we were on reminded me of Greek Row at the U. I don't think that I have ever seen that much alcohol being consumed at one time other than at frat parties. Now I know why my grandpa calls the Ute fans heathens, that and because he is a die hard BYU (BOOOOOOOOO) fan. There were cops driving up and down the rows, but they could care less what was going on, I think they were just there for the free food everyone was taking to them when they drove by. They played UNLV and the game was great, I think that Rickey was a little embarassed at first because of my screaming and wild cheering, but he soon gave up and joined in. It was tied up 14 to 14 at the half but they came back in the 2nd half to win something like 42 to 21. I am so excited for the next game! GO UTES!

Rickey and Jeff playing tailgate games, they had way too much fun!


Rickey and I have matching Ute hats!
Aiden, Jake and Diane's baby was the cutest Cheerleader. She was such a good baby and really seemed to enjoy the game. Diane put earplugs in her ears, so she didn't go deaf and it is a good thing because it was LOUD!

Jeff and his wife Cassandra.

No comments: