Friday, October 24, 2008

Teaching technology

We finally cracked the book open this week. It is about time, I was starting to wonder why I bought the book and if I would ever use it. After opening it and exploring the wonder of the inside of it I really am glad I did. I am so excited to use them in my future classrooms.

There are so many good ideas that help get the students more involved with technology and computers, with out scaring them. There are so many activities that are fun yet informative. Many of the activities you could recreate for any ages and any grade. I really appreciate that they place in the lessons the areas that you will help the students expand on and learn more about. Also that it has the ISTE standards so you can make sure you are covering the proper information for the standards. I also think that these lessons are good for me to do to learn more on power point. I also could use some of the lessons for my children to learn more and projects for school.

The assignments that we choose to do as a group was the "Word Art" and the "Poem Senses." I enjoyed doing these, it reminded me of being in elementary school. I always enjoyed doing the crafty creative things in school, so I am sure that I will have the students in my class do the same things.

I wonder how more evolved the kids will be in my future classroom, if I give them an assignment like one from the book and they think it is an easy assignment. I cannot believe how technology savvy kids are now. Even while doing some of my hours for this semester, kids in the third grade are talking about how they need to add so and so to their Facebook or MySpace account and what is your e-mail address. All of this was not part of my third grade experience, so as an "older"' person to them, I wonder if I will be behind in the technology world compared to them???

1 comment:

Kendall said...

that is all very interesting and all, but i have come to tell you that you have been tagged. visit my blog to find out the rules.