Friday, October 10, 2008

Paparazzi in the classroom

Today, it is usually unheard of if you use wind up camera and do not own a Digital Camera. They are now made in so many price levels that most people can afford them. I have seen them for less that $50.00 given they will not turn out the best pics, but for an elementary student this would be the perfect camera. This would allow them to take pics to capture memories to have for life.

I love my digital camera that I got for Christmas last year. It has a chargeable battery pack that lasts forever, that I love because my last camera ate batteries like no other. Even though I have used it a million times, I am guilty of not using the different features. I really should experiment and learn to use them.

In the articles that I read I found some really good ideas that I would use in my class room. If the kids went on a field trip you could tell the kids to pick out an item that they saw and wanted to write a report or poem on and take a picture of it. They could be part of the memory book that we would add to through out the year.

I also saw a an idea for taking pictures of the lunch food for the week and posting it in the classroom so that if the kids normally brought sacked lunch and wanted pizza on pizza day they would know the day. Because I am sure that most kids do not take the time to read the lunch menu.

In my classroom I would like to have a child star bulletin that you would post a child's picture and have them add pictures of family, camping trips, hobbies, and anything that they wanted to display by themselves.

I really liked the idea of taking pictures of class activities and memories throughout the year and have the students help me put them into a slide show that has music and fun pictures, and I can make copies for the students to take home at the end of the year as a type of yearbook.
The idea of a digital camera in the class room is a good idea for so many reasons, I think even if you had to purchase a cheap one with your own money, until you could afford a nicer one it would be well worth it.

No comments: